SPIRAL SLICED HAM WITH MARBELLA SAUCE
1 Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham
Packet of Honey Glaze (included with Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham)
6 cloves of garlic finely minced
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup red wine vinegar
⅓ cup olive oil
1 cup pitted prunes, roughly chopped
½ cup pitted Spanish green olives
½ cup capers with a bit of juice
6 bay leaves
¾ cup dark brown sugar
¾ cup dry white wine
¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine garlic, oregano, pepper and coarse salt to taste, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice, and bay leaves. Pour over ham and allow to marinate refrigerated for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
3. Remove ham from marinade (Do not discard the marinade). Place ham in a large roasting pan.
4. Combine marinade with the brown sugar and honey packet (included) and baste the ham evenly with this mixture.
5. Pour the wine around the ham and marinade.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes basting frequently with pan juices.
7. Place sliced ham on a large serving platter topping with capers, olives, and prunes. Pour a bit of the pan juices over and sprinkle generously with parsley.
8. Serve hot or warm with roasted or mashed sweet potatoes and additional pan drippings on the side.