- Get Your Numbers: Ask your doctor to check your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Own Your Lifestyle: Stop smoking, lose weight, exercise and eat healthy.
- Realize Your Risk: We think it won’t happen to us, but heart disease kills 1 in 3 women. Only 3 in 10 Hispanic women say they have been informed that they are at a higher risk.
- Educate Your Familia: Make healthy food choices for you and your familia. Teach your hijos the importance of staying active.
- Don’t be silent: Tell every mujer que conozcas that heart disease is our No. 1 killer. Raise your voice at GoRedForWomen.org.
Watch this video and learn from women who have been affected by heart disease how you can Go Red and make heart healthy lifestyle choices and reduce your risk for heart disease.