- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in a few drops of water.
- Pour the coconut milk, heavy cream and sugar in a heavy pot and heat to just under the boiling point. Simmer until the sugar dissolves in the milk.
- Remove from the heat, add the dissolved gelatin and vanilla and beat with a whisk until there are no lumps of gelatin. For a more festive touch, add in the brandy at this point.
- Pour into your favorite glasses or serving dish and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the panna cotta becomes firm. You could also pour the mixture into a flan mold for a more elegant presentation.
- Garnish with either powdered cinnamon or fresh mint leaves and serve.
Editor’s note: Clear imitation white vanilla can be found in major supermarkets. If you cannot find white vanilla either liquid or powdered, you can substitute standard vanilla extract.