Beauty blogs? Really? Back in our younger years we were hooked on fashion magazines to get the latest advice on what makeup to buy and how to rock wide-legged jeans, baby-tees and Doc Martins. Yeah, it was a long time ago. Since then styles have changed, and so has the way we access the hottest trends, must-buy beauty products and fashion tips. Welcome to 2015, when there are more blogs than you could ever possibly read, and where endless beauty and fashion information is available at the click of a button.
Fashion icon (and 93-year-old style guru) Iris Apfel once said, “If your hair is done properly and you’re wearing good shoes, you can get away with anything.” We couldn’t agree more, but some of us don’t know how to do our hair well and what shoes to wear with what, which is where beauty and fashion blogs come in handy. These 9 blogs are our go-to sources for style inspiration and how-to advice so that we can look and feel our best every day. Check these fashion and beauty blogs out, see what looks speak to you, and have some fun with your fashion thanks to these beauty and style pros.
1. Miss Maven Prepare to be well informed and incredibly inspired by this beauty blog, created by Teni Panosian, a self-professed beauty maven who is not a makeup artist, but a very well informed consumer and lover of all things beauty related. She shares her tips, favorite products and the hottest looks to try.
Read Related: Food Porn Obsession: 20 of the Best Food Photo Blogs
2. Beauty is Boring Despite the name, beauty is anything but boring on this gorgeous blog, created by makeup artist Robin Black. She is a makeup artist and photographer who uses this blog as a photo essay on the notion of beauty—what it means, how it makes you feel and how to get creative with your own looks. Her photos are gorgeous, ranging from funky Polaroids to behind-the-scenes shots from photo shoots she works on.
3. Maryam Maquillage This beauty blogger is a self-taught makeup guru who has been doing her friends’ makeup since she was 12, and loves to share her masterpieces with video tutorials and step-by-step photo tips. This blog will show you everything from how to contour like a pro (even if you’re not a pro) to how to rock nautical nails.
4. Gritty Pretty This blog is unique in that it’s more than simply a blog, it’s also digital magazine created by former beauty editor Eleanor Pendleton. You can browse through blog content (beauty tips, makeup news, how-to videos etc.) or you can read through any of the digital magazines—3 issues have been released to date. All content is beautifully created and displayed, and you can click on any item in the magazine to shop.
5. The Beauty Look Book The ultimate blog for makeup junkies and those obsessed with beauty products and trends. This blog gets right down to business with product reviews and tips from beauty blogger Sabrina, who tests out everything from cosmetics to fragrances and home scents and then shares her opinions and advice.
6. Life With Me This blog is all about the life and style of Marianna Elizabeth (hence the ME) Hewitt. This Los Angeles-based TV host turned blogger shares everything from her favorite beauty looks plus how-to tutorials, as well as fashion trends, food recommendations, travel and adventure insights and makeup tips. She tells you how to achieve celebrity beauty looks, where to get coffee in LA, how to wear Capri pants and does it all in a way that makes you feel like you could be her best friend.
7. Sincerely Jules If you have a California cool style, or you wish you did, then this blog is for you. The name and face behind the site, Julie Sarinana, gained fame in the fashion world just be sharing what she loves—clothes, travel, style and more clothes. Her blog is packed with fashion inspiration (this girl really knows how to dress) and her outfits range from city chic to country cool to beach bum glamour and everything in between.
8. Tales of Endearment Vintage style is tricky for many of us—we love it, we’re intrigued by it, but we have no clue where to shop for vintage items and we definitely don’t know how to make the look modern and fresh. Enter Natalie Joos, a Belgian-born casting agent and turned fashion consultant living in New York City. On he blog she shares her passion for vintage fashion alongside style inspiration, looks of the week, her latest fashion muses and more.
9. A Bikini a Day It’s bikini season every day on this blog. Bikini addicts and Australian beauties (they hail from Sydney) Natasha Oakley and Devin Brugman started A Bikini A Day in 2012 to share their obsession with swimwear, and their love of beach life from Maui to Miami. In Natasha’s words, “we wanted to create a place where all the bikini lovers of the world could come together to obsess over bikinis every single day.” They share looks of the day, their favorite swimsuits (which they model, looking perpetually flawless), styling tips, travel insights, fitness tips and more. PS – both Natasha and Devin have over 1 million followers on Instagram, and their @abikiniaday page has 560,000+ loyal fans.