Anyone who cooks brunch absolutely has to have a great eggs Benedict in his or her arsenal. There’s nothing more decadent than this heavenly stack of English muffin, ham, poached eggs and rich Hollandaise sauce. Sadly, unless you want to fast for the rest of the week, you can’t indulge in eggs Benedict every weekend. Or can you? We’ve rounded up 8 delectable twists on this classic breakfast, including one or two guilt-free healthy options. One of these is guaranteed to become your new go-to eggs Benedict recipe.
1. Grilled Portobello “Benedict” Ellie Krieger replaces the English muffin with meaty portobello caps and the eggs are scrambled with only 1/2 of the yolks included. They’re layered with Canadian bacon, drizzled with pesto and topped with parmesan cheese for a healthier, Italian take on the classic.
Read Related: The Infernal Breakfast: 10 Ways to Make Deviled Eggs
2. Fried Green Tomato Benedict with Smithfield Ham & Pimiento Cheese Hollandaise This deep South-style Benedict is definitely not one of the low-cal options but it’s pretty impossible to resist. Fried green tomatoes and pimiento cheese Hollandaise say it all.
3. Mexican Eggs Benedict with Chorizo Biscuits & Chipotle Hollandaise Here’s an eggs Benedict recipe with a little Latin flair courtesy of Chorizo biscuits (YUM!) and chipotle Hollandaise. Add a slice of avocado and you’ve got a creamy, spicy winner.4. California Eggs Benedict A nice twist if you don’t want to stray too far from the classic. They skip the ham on the west coast in favor of avocado, tomato and shredded Monterey Jack.
5. Reuben Benedict This deli-style paleo dish is totally grain-free. A mountain of corned beef or pastrami and sauerkraut are the base for a poached egg drenched in Dijon and Sriracha Hollandaise topped with caraway seeds for a rye effect.
6. Thai Green Curry Eggs Benedict with Healthy Hollandaise Sauce Here’s a spicy, Asian Benedict featuring green curry and coconut oil. It’s got a lot of fat but it’s the good kind! So layer up that muffin, shrimp and zesty Hollandaise.
7. Tex-Mex Eggs Benedict with Grilled Potato Slabs + Avocado Lime Hollandaise The best of all three worlds, these poached eggs are layered on grilled potato slices, covered with corn and black beans then topped with avocado lime Hollandaise. This could easily be dinner too.
8. The New Eggs Benedict This super healthy recipe is from Anna Jones’ cookbook, A Modern Way to Eat. Start with baked sweet potato slices, then add poached eggs and lightly sautéed spinach, topped with Hollandaise made from ground cashews and avocado flavored with fresh tarragon and lime.