Whether or not you buy into the concept of New Year’s resolutions, one thing is undeniable: a new year is a great excuse to try something new, and we’ve got our eye on some amazing new beauty treatments for 2015. Sure, you could try a new workout or explore some new organizational practices at home, but if we’re being honest, experimenting with new beauty routines is far more fun and more rewarding. It’s no coincidence that when you look your best, you feel your best. As the NY Times reports, according to Scott Barnes, makeup artist and author of Face to Face, “looking good leads to feeling good, feeling good leads to empowerment. When you put your best face forward, it gives you the opportunity to really accelerate in life. Feeling good commands respect. And that’s really empowering.”
This is the year to achieve maximum beauty and confidence. While you won’t be able to shift the way society defines beauty, and you cannot change your genetics, you can certainly experiment with different beauty treatments designed to make you look and feel your best. And this year there are a lot of new treatments on the scene. Here are 5 new beauty treatments and products to try so you can make this your most beautiful year yet.
1. Smooth Your Skin (no needles required) As a new year starts you are beginning another year of your life—aka, you’re getting older. But thanks to advancements in skincare products, the “O” word doesn’t need to be a bad thing. Getting older doesn’t need to show all over your face. And the best part…no needles are necessary. The brand-spanking-new No More Needles product from celebrity dermatologist and renowned skincare expert, Dr. Fredric Brandt, makes fine lines less noticeable instantly and temporarily tightens skin to offer permanent smoothing without an invasive or painful procedure.
2. Strengthen Hair and Promote Growth Turns out healthy hair and increased hair growth starts with your scalp. Using basic skincare principles this beauty treatment is an all-new serum from Kerastase that transforms your hair by encouraging healthier strands, root-to-tip. The serum is massaged into your scalp to nourish your skin and your locks, creating healthier and stronger existing hair and promoting new hair growth as well to create fuller, thicker and softer hair overall.
3. Make Your Mani Last We’ve all heard of gel manicures…they are so last season. Yes, gel polish lasts longer (products boast 2 weeks of chip-free bliss), but when the time comes to take that polish off you need to soak your nails (or wrap them) in acetone, which is a very drying chemical that can cause nail or skin damage over time. In addition, to harden gel polish you need to expose hands and nails to UV light, which is essentially sunlight and overtime UV exposure can cause skin cancer. Yup, we said the “C” word. Here’s a new “C” word: Caption. Caption is a new nail lacquer that replicates the results of a salon gel manicure, without the UV light or the acetone. It contains a patented ingredient called LacQ3, which give nails the shine you want, the lasting results you want, and none of the bad stuff. Say hello to the future of manicures.
4. Massage Your Face Massaging your face…sounds a bit strange right? Hear us out…according to Victoria Tsai, the founder of Tatcha, “studies in the last few years have indicated that facial massage helps to reduce anxiety and increase sympathetic nervous activity, and to boost elasticity and softness of the skin.” In other words, simply massaging your facial skin could make you look younger, healthier and happier. We are SO interested. And the best part is you don’t need to visit a spa and pay top dollar to have someone else do the dirty work for you. With Tatcha’s new facial massager you can do it from the comfort of your home. Warning, this product, which is inspired by Japanese acupuncture, isn’t cheap (it’s $195), but it allows you to take the health of your skin into your own hands. According to its creator, if you want results “the key is to always move away from the center of the face, promoting lymphatic drainage, and to always move upward to combat the pull of gravity.”
5. Illuminate Your Eyes at Home Eyes are the windows to the soul…but what happens when your eyes look tired? We’re willing to bet that droopy eyes with dark circles are not the first impression you are hoping to make. Enter this all-new eye gel that illuminates eyes and renews the skin around your eyes, helping you look more youthful, energized, awake and beautiful. The gel works by soothing skin and jumpstarting the renewal process to heal damaged skin thanks to its Miracle Broth (a pretty magical potion created from nutrient-rich sea kelp).