We’re always on the lookout for tasty and healthy new smoothie recipes. Smoothies are a fantastic and tasty way to up your fruit and veggie intake as long as you’re careful to avoid added sugar and stick to a 70/30 veggie to fruit ratio. According to a study by health economist and associate professor at Brigham Young University, Joseph Price, “Only 4% of kids eating a school breakfast ate a serving of fruit. When the school offered morning smoothies, that number jumped to 45%.”
Some store bought smoothies are loaded with sugar and calories so whipping up your own is the easiest way to be sure you’re really getting a healthy snack. We’ve found 10 new smoothie recipes that will make your day.
1. Energy Boosting Vegan Superfood Protein Shake This smoothie recipe has a little bit of everything: maca, chia, hemp, cacao nibs and goji berries. If you’re taking warfarin or medication for blood pressure or diabetes, you may want to skip the goji berries since they may interact with the medicine.
Read Related: One-Stop Health Bowls: 6 Açaí Bowl Recipe Ideas to Try
2. Love Smoothie This tempting crimson smoothie is made with beetroot, blood oranges and avocado. Who knew fruits and vegetables could be so decadent?
3. Almond Matcha Superfood Smoothie This is the ultimate green smoothie with kale and super-antioxidant matcha. It’s also got almond butter, mango, pineapple and banana for a nutty and creamy tropical treat.
4. Strawberry Basil Superfood Smoothie The interplay of tomato, strawberry, goji berries, dates and avocado in this super healthy superfood concoction is out of this world.
5. Broccoli, Banana, Peanut Butter, Berry This is a nutritional powerhouse packed with protein and fiber and calcium. It may seem like an odd flavor combo but don’t knock it till you try it!
6. Acai, Blackberry & Cacao Smoothie Acai and blackberries are both amazing antioxidants. The earthy taste of acai blends beautifully with raw cacao powder.
7. Oatmeal Cookie Dough Breakfast Smoothie with Turmeric Boost This smoothie bowl tastes like dessert but it’s actually an incredibly healthy breakfast with whole grains, turmeric and coconut butter.
8. Spicy Tropical Smoothie There’s nothing like tropical fruit with a kick of jalapeño to start your day with a bang.
9. Acai Bowl Berry fans will love this colorful and scrumptious combo of acai, mulberries, inca berries, oatmeal and pomegranate.