With fall right around the corner it’s time to put away the grill and try some healthy soup recipes. There’s nothing more cozy and comforting than a hot bowl of deliciousness on a chilly day. Soup is also an incredibly versatile meal. It can be hearty or light, creamy, spicy, exotic, downhome…the sky’s the limit.
We’ve rounded up 10 of the best soup recipes to celebrate fall without sacrificing your bikini bod.
1. Chicken Tortilla Soup It’s another perennial classic. This healthy version from Ree Drummond is made with low sodium chicken broth and all of the goodies: black beans, tortillas and avocado.
Read Related: 7 Gazpacho Recipes that Make a Real Case for Cold Soup
2. Chilled Mango Soup with Spiced Grilled Shrimp This one of the tastiest transitional soup recipes. Whip up a batch when you’re pining for those long summer days and fresh, exotic fruit. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy and a lot delicious.
3. Quinoa Black Bean Pumpkin Soup This filling vegan soup is loaded with spicy flavor. Quinoa and black beans add protein and fill you up. And nothing says fall quite like pumpkins.
4. Bean, Kale & Egg Stew When you want it all in one bowl, try a supersoup that gives you a burst of energy with nutrient-rich kale and protein-packed beans and a sunny side up egg on top. Serve it with a slice of whole grain cheese toast for a dash of whole grain and dairy.
5. Curried Cauliflower Soup with Coconut & Chiles Cauliflower soup may sound bland but Chef Annie Somerville has created a mouthwatering blend of exotic spices cooked in a coconut milk and vegetable broth with a dash of white wine.
6. Lentil Soup with a Curry Crema & Lentil Crackers No list of soup recipes is complete without lentil. Emeril Lagasse spices things up with curry and a homemade lentil cracker and fried carrot garnish.
7. Skinny Zuppa Toscana It’s hard to believe this rich looking soup is low-cal, low-fat and low in sodium. Bacon, turkey sausage, potatoes and spinach in a creamy broth are the perfect guilt-free comfort food.
8. Guisado de Chayote Chayotes are a type of gourd, native to Latin America, that have a crisp, light flavor and are a great source of fiber and vitamin C. Serve them up in a tomato broth with stew meat and jalapeños for a scrumptious meal.
9. Cleansing Detox Soup It’s a colorful bowl of veggies seasoned with immune-boosters lemon, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Cayenne jump starts your metabolism and the other spices provide an array of antioxidants.
10. Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde Pull out the slow cooker for this satisfying yet delicately flavored take on chili. It only takes 10 minutes of prep then just let it simmer overnight.
Photos 4 & 6 courtesy of Food Network.com